At Tulane Medical Center, seniority matters! We are committed to providing the compassionate, patient-centered care seniors deserve. Located in the hospital’s emergency department at the corner of Tulane Avenue and LaSalle Street in the heart of downtown New Orleans, the upgraded facility features 20 refurbished exam rooms with amenities tailored to the needs of older adults. In addition to facility upgrades, specially trained geriatric emergency certified staff work with patients to ensure they receive the highest-quality emergency care.
Features of the Senior Friendly ER include:
- 24/7 coverage by emergency medicine board certified physicians with specialty training in geriatrics
- On-staff Geriatrician
- All nurses are geriatric emergency certified by the Emergency Nurses Association
- Specially designed exam rooms with softer lighting and larger clocks
- Non-skid flooring for patient safety
- Hearing and visual aids
- State-of-the-art cardiac monitoring
- Collaboration with patient’s primary care provider
And for patients who may need specialized or follow-up care, our full line of Tulane experts are ready to care for you.