The Salivary Gland Clinic addresses the needs of patients who have developed salivary gland disorders, including non-cancerous and cancerous parotid tumors. Surgery is the most commonly recommended course of treatment for parotid tumors. The nerves controlling facial movement run through the parotid glands and care is needed during surgery to avoid damaging the nerve, which would potentially impact facial movement and feeling.
Our surgeons are experts in parotid surgery and utilize the most current surgical techniques and facial nerve monitoring systems in order to protect and preserve the function of the facial nerves as well as minimize any scarring or facial asymmetry. Included in our Salivary Gland surgery team is a Plastic and Reconstructive surgeon that will mitigate the affect of the parotid tumor and the surgical scar, helping to restore your original appearance.
Services & Treatments
- Surgery for cancerous and non-cancerous salivary gland tumors
- Parotid nerve sparing surgery
- Salivary gland stone extraction
- Sialendoscopy and minor salivary gland surgery
- Management of dry mouth due to Sjogren’s Syndrome, radiation therapy, and other conditions
- Reconstructive surgery of the facial nerve
- Reconstructive surgery to correct parotid surgery facial defects
- Management of traumatic Injury to the salivary glands
- Fine needle aspiration (FNA) and other biopsies, diagnostic testing, and second opinion interpretations.