It is hard to receive the news of any cancer diagnosis. It’s even more difficult with the multiple treatment options and nuances of a diagnosis like prostate cancer. To help decide which treatment is best for you, Tulane Heath System brings patients and family members together with medical oncologists, urologic surgeons and radiation treatment specialists to discuss your different treatment options in one convenient visit.
We’ve assembled the most experienced prostate cancer treatment team in the Gulf South region to work together and share our expertise with you and your family. And as we know that waiting can sometimes be the most difficult aspect of the treatment process, we pledge to arrange an initial visit within 48 hours of your first call.
The Multidisciplinary Prostate Cancer Clinic is for prostate cancer patients who:
- Want the convenience of seeing physicians who explain and offer all treatment options in the same clinic visit
- Want to learn about the latest available treatment choices
- Would like a second opinion of a current treatment plan
- Want to evaluate all possible options
- Have questions or need guidance regarding available therapies
- Are undecided about which treatment is best for them
- Are seeking the world-class treatment options available at Tulane Health System
Immediately after your initial call, our patient navigator will arrange for you or your loved one to be seen within a day or two by a physician for an initial visit. That physician will take the lead in arranging for a more in-depth evaluation with the multidisciplinary group. At the end of that visit, every patient receives a summary plan of next steps, which will outline all possible treatment options discussed. Our patient navigator will follow up within a few days to ensure all your questions have been answered.
This collaborative, hands-on approach to care offers a number of benefits to our patients, including:
- Access to nationally and internationally renowned experts in prostate cancer and urologic surgery
- A weekly review of patient cases by the full team of medical, surgical and radiation oncology experts
- A comprehensive review of all outside medical records, including pathology and radiology images
- Coordinated scheduling for appointments among various specialties and follow-up visits
- Access to a patient navigator to assist you throughout the treatment process
- Access to support programs and groups
- Availability of the latest treatment options
- Access to cutting-edge clinical trials
- Education and support for you and your family and caregivers
The Tulane Multidisciplinary Prostate Cancer Clinic is located within the Tulane Cancer Center. For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call our clinic coordinator at (504) 988-2342.