Tulane-Lakeside Hospital is proud to be the first and only hospital in Louisiana to bring this revolutionary low-dose CT scan technology to our patients. The imaging system drastically reduces the radiation dose to patients and is especially beneficial to children who require a CAT scan and patients who may need multiple imaging tests, such as cancer patients, and women of child-bearing age.
Additionally, physicians at Tulane can gather clarity on tumors, intermediate risk heart disease, GI ailments such as appendicitis and other conditions to deliver a high-definition, accurate diagnosis and allow patients to receive 50 percent lower dose levels of radiation.
Low-Dose Scan Benefits
- Delivers high-quality images while simultaneously lowering the radiation patients receive up to 50 percent.
- Lower radiation dose helps reduce the potential risk of long-term damage.
- Dose reduction is particularly important when diagnosing or treating children, women of child-bearing age, and patients who may need to receive multiple examinations.
- Maximizes diagnostic confidence.
- Innovative imaging technology enables fast scans so you can quickly examine your most challenging images without having to repeat the scan.
- Determines appropriate treatment for commonly detected small lesions and enables the physicians to see the anatomy more clearly.
- Enables cardiologists to see even the miniscule vessels of the heart in profound precision in a non-invasive procedure.
- A patient at risk for intermediate heart disease can bypass going to the cath lab for testing.
- During complex interventional cases 3D imaging provides valuable additional information.