The gynecologic oncology experts at Tulane Cancer Center offer patient-centered care that provides treatments in a comfortable and compassionate setting. A coordinated care plan is personalized to each patient, taking into account their needs and goals. Tulane has assembled a team of deeply dedicated women healthcare experts all focused on one goal—providing the highest level of care to Tulane Cancer Center’s gynecologic cancer patients. The multi-disciplinary healthcare team is comprised of female doctors, nurses and therapists who work together to:
- Participate in multispecialty gynecologic oncology cancer conferences to discuss individual patient cases and determine the most effective treatment
- Create a personalized care plan to patients with a gynecologic malignancy
- Coordinate appointments and treatments for the convenience of the patient
- Specialize in minimally invasive robotic surgery, offering precise control and access to hard-to-reach-areas, allowing complex surgeries to be performed through a few small incisions
- Provide molecular and genetic risk assessment for patients who have concerns about personal and/or family history of cancer
- Offer access to national clinical research trials and cutting-edge therapies
Our physicians specialize in all types of gynecologic cancer, including ovarian, Fallopian tube, primary peritoneal, uterine, cervical, vaginal and vulvar cancers. Our specialists are recognized throughout the area for expertise in gynecologic surgeries and radiation treatments such as brachytherapy.
The Tulane Cancer Center offers chemotherapy, radiation therapy, nutrition planning and financial and psychological counseling—all under one roof. Tulane cancer experts have also developed a multidisciplinary protocol to enhance recovery and get women back to their normal lives or on to the next step of their cancer treatment as quickly as possible.
Do you have questions about a referral to Tulane Cancer Center’s gynecological oncology program? Please call our patient referral coordinator at (504) 988-7444S, or fax your information to (504) 988-7473.
“Gynecological cancer is an intensely personal diagnosis,” said Jessica Shank, MD, gynecological oncologist. “That’s why I think it’s so important to have a diverse team of women caring for women, from diagnosis to treatment to survivorship.”