Cooper Benson, MDUrology
After completing his Chief residency in Houston he went onto spend the next year a Columbia University in New York City. At Columbia University he completed a fellowship in genitourinary reconstructive surgery with the world renowned Dr. Steven B Brandes. At Columbia University he had extensive experience in the treatment of complex urethral stricture disease, ureteral strictures management, male incontinence, genital reconstruction, urinary fistulae, urinary diversion, neurogenic bladder and transitional urology.
Dr. Benson is one of the few Urologists in the Gulf South region trained in complex urethral reconstruction among other aspects of reconstructive urology and seeks to provide the Gulf South with specialized reconstructive urologic care.
- Urology - Primary
- Gender: Male
- Undergraduate Degree: Tulane University
- Graduate Degree: Louisiana State University School of Medicine
- Residency: Louisiana State University School of Medicine
- Residency: University of Texas-Houston
- Residency: MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Fellowship: Columbia University
- Tulane Medical Center
- Tulane Lakeside Hospital for Women and Children