Alvaro Alonso, MDInterventional Cardiology
Dr. Alonso was a pioneer in the development of our minimally invasive (transradial) cardiovascular catheterization program, vascular disease medical and interventional management programs, quality improvement initiatives, and in the enhancement of our cardiovascular catheterization training and educational conferences.
As a recipient of a Career Development award from the Louisiana Clinical and Translational Science Center, he is pursuing a Master of Science in Clinic Research degree and is performing breakthrough research related to the management of peripheral artery disease.
- Interventional Cardiology - Primary - Board Certified
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Fellowship: Cardiovascular Medicine University of Massachusetts Medical School Center Worcester MA
- Fellowship: Interventional Cardiology University of Massachusetts Medical School Worcester MA
- Fellowship: Vascular & Endovascular Tufts University School of Medicine Boston MA
- Graduate Degree: Universidad Panamericana School of Medicine Mexico City 2001
- Internship: Tufts-New England Medical Center Boston MA 2005
- Residency: Tufts-New England Medical Center Boston MA 2007
- Tulane Medical Center
- Tulane Lakeside Hospital for Women and Children