- 04.24.14 from 07:00 PM to 09:00 PM
- 04.29.14 from 07:00 PM to 08:00 PM
- 05.01.14 from 07:00 PM to 09:00 PM
- 05.08.14 from 07:00 PM to 09:00 PM
- 05.15.14 from 07:00 PM to 09:00 PM
- Irregular menstrual periods
- Hot flashes and night sweats
- Disturbed sleep patterns, which may progress to insomnia
- Mood changes, which may include irritability, anxiety or depression
- Vaginal dryness and pain with sexual intercourse
- Dry skin
- Decreased interest in sex
- Frequent urination or leaking of urine
|Osteoporosis in Hip|
|Copyright © Nucleus Medical Media, Inc.|
Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
- Combinations of estrogen and progesterone
- Low amounts of male hormones
Limit Caffeine and Alcohol
Nonhormonal Medications for Hot Flashes
Medication may be prescribed to reduce symptoms of hot flashes including:
- Certain blood pressure medications
- Antiseizure medications
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) and serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs)
Healthy Women http://www.healthywomen.org
The North American Menopause Society http://www.menopause.org
Health Canada http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca
Women's Health Matters http://www.womenshealthmatters.ca
Menopause. EBSCO DynaMed website. Available at: http://www.ebscohost.com/dynamed/what.php . Updated January 15, 2013. Accessed April 18, 2013.
Menopause. Planned Parenthood Federation of America website. Available at: http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-topics/womens-health/menopause-4807.htm . Accessed April 18, 2013.
Menopause 101: A primer for the perimenopausal. North American Menopause Society website. Available at: http://www.menopause.org/for-women/menopauseflashes/menopause-101-a-primer-for-the-perimenopausal . Accessed April 18, 2013.
9/30/2008 DynaMed's Systematic Literature Surveillance. Available at: http://dynamed.ebscohost.com/about/about-us : Jacobson BC, Moy B, et al. Postmenopausal hormone use and symptoms of gastroesophageal reflux. Arch Intern Med . 2008;168:1798-1804.
1/30/2009 DynaMed's Systematic Literature Surveillance. Available at: http://dynamed.ebscohost.com/about/about-us : Borrelli F, Ernst E. Black cohosh ( Cimicifuga racemosa ): a systematic review of adverse events. Am J Obstet Gynecol . 2008;199:455-466.
1/30/2009 DynaMed's Systematic Literature Surveillance. Available at: http://dynamed.ebscohost.com/about/about-us : Kaszkin-Bettag M, Ventskovskiy BM, et al. Confirmation of the efficacy of ERr 731 in perimenopausal women with menopausal symptoms. Altern Ther Health Med . 2009;15:24-34.
4/14/2009 DynaMed's Systematic Literature Surveillance. Available at: http://dynamed.ebscohost.com/about/about-us : Archer DF, Dupont CM, et al; Study 319 Investigators. Desvenlafaxine for the treatment of vasomotor symptoms associated with menopause: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial of efficacy and safety. Am J Obstet Gynecol . 2009;200:238.e1-238.e10. Epub 2009 Jan 24.
11/4/2013 DynaMed's Systematic Literature Surveillance. Available at: http://dynamed.ebscohost.com/about/about-us : Moilanen JM, Mikkola TS, et al. Effect of aerobic training on menopausal symptoms—a randomized controlled trial. Menopause. 2012 Jun;19(6):691-696.
- Reviewer: Andrea Chisholm
- Review Date: 06/2013 -
- Update Date: 11/04/2013 -