Ingredients and Preparation
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting fat and salt.
- Mash half of the beans into a paste-like consistency with the back of a fork and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, carrot, celery, and salt, and cook 8-10 minutes, until vegetables are softened. Stir in wine, increase heat to medium-high, and cook 3-4 minutes, until wine evaporates.
- Add tomatoes and mashed beans to the pot and simmer about 6 minutes, until thickened. Stir in unmashed beans and cook until heated through, about 1-2 minutes.
- Top pasta with the sauce and serve.