Sports Medicine Links
Tulane Installs First Low Dose, High Definition CT Scanner in the Gulf South Less Radiation with Improved Image Quality02.06.13
Reily Aquatic Therapy Center
- The reduced gravity environment of the water reduces stress on joints and muscles, which allows rehabilitation to begin much sooner than on land.
- Post surgical patients enjoy many benefits with hydro therapy including; relaxation, increased joint range of motion, and increased strength.
- Fluid resistance is a smoother form of resistance that is more comfortable and instills confidence in the patient.
Our clinic is one of a few that has a Biodex system for the treatment and testing of our patients.
- Isokinetic testing is essential when it comes to returning to your sport or job safely. We use isokinetic testing to objectively see exactly where you are in the rehabilitation process.
- Biodex assessments of physical impairment have been proven to provide a fast and effective return to function. Isokinetic testing gives our physicians valuable information about strength deficits and muscle imbalances that may predispose a particular joint to further injury.
- Information obtained through the test provides our physical therapists with baseline objective data to compare with follow-up testing upon completion of the rehabilitation program. It’s another example of our use of cutting edge technology to keep you healthy and in the game.