Pediatric Heart Care Links
Tulane Installs First Low Dose, High Definition CT Scanner in the Gulf South Less Radiation with Improved Image Quality02.06.13
Tulane has one of the few Hybrid Catheterization Labs in the country (and the only one in the state). Designed by our multidisciplinary team, a hybrid lab is a fully equipped pediatric catheterization lab and operating room. Here the surgeon and cardiologist can work together doing a procedure to repair a heart. Performing procedures in the hybrid lab shortens procedure times, is safer for the patient and improves outcomes. The Tulane Pediatric Heart Center has unequaled expertise in noninvasive imaging to diagnose heart defects before surgery, allowing us to avoid cardiac catheterization in many cases. We are the only center in the Gulf Coast region to have advanced three dimensional echo. This critical modality allows us to repair, rather than replace valves in many children.
- Three Dimensional Echocardiography
- Fetal Echocardiography
- Cardiac MRI
- Electrocardiography (EKG)
- Holter Monitoring
- Transtelephonic EKG Monitoring
- Event Recorder Monitoring
- Exercise Stress Testing
- Including Metabolic and Stress Testing
- Tilt Table Testing
- Pacemakers and Defibrillators
- Telemedicine Echocardiographic Interpretation can be used for patients who are remotely located.