Call us at:
New Orleans is a great place to live and work.
Our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
We are committed to providing you a Healthy Work Environment and rewarding career. These principles reflect our commitment to you in five areas: Culture, Leadership, Voice, Compensation and Rewards, and Staffing.
As a member of the Tulane Medical Center (TMC) family, you can be assured of:
- A safe place to work.
- Having the tools, equipment and training necessary to perform your duties.
- Open and available communication with your supervisors and the leadership of your facility.
- A fair application of workplace policies, procedures and disciplinary proceedings.
- Fair and understandable compensation and benefits.
When it comes to patient care, we strive to be the healthcare provider of choice. When it comes to employee care, our goal is to be the employer of choice.
The foundation of our commitment to you is your ability to speak up without fear of reprisal. Having a say
about your job and surroundings is crucial to good patient outcomes and a rewarding work life. By participating in advisory groups and surveys, your voice is heard. If you have a concern or suggestion about how to make your workplace better, or safer, you can take it to a group of co-workers to have it considered. You are recognized as an important member of our team and urged to participate in…
- Employee Advisory Groups.
- The annual Employee Engagement Survey.
- Employee forums.
- “Open Door” discussions with your leadership team.
You are encouraged to speak up on matters of importance to you or anything you believe may affect the potential safety or care of patients.
For all you do, you receive fair pay and a wide array of Health and Group benefits as part of your Total Rewards. TMC offers many rewards and unique opportunities to serve employees including...
- 100 percent coverage for eligible in-patient hospital facility expenses when you are admitted to an TMC-affiliated facility (Smart Care Plan participants only).
- A 100 percent match on your 401(k) contribution, up to 9 percent of your pay, based on years of service.
- A clear understanding and explanation of how your total compensation and rewards are determined.
- Financial education courses (at no charge to you) to help you plan for your financial future.
- Equal opportunity to apply for TMC-sponsored scholarships for yourself and your dependents.
- Financial assistance to obtain healthcare coverage through the TMC Employee Health Assistance Fund (EHAF) should you meet the eligibility criteria.